Monday, February 18, 2013

Oh You Aren't Available? Then I want you!

Every once and a while I will admit that I am single because I am a little self sabotaging. I am instantly attracted to the most unavailable men. I had gone to a girlfriends Birthday dinner and sat beside her very cute brother. He was funny, nice, sweet, cute, absolutely everything I am looking for. We spent the whole night chatting, laughing and when I left I wanted to see him again. I ended up messaging my friend a few hours later and asked her to give him my number. He messaged me. We texted constantly for the next few days, but here's the thing: He lives in Alberta. He has a home there, a career there, a child there, and a crazy ex wife who will always be in his life there. After a few weeks I broke off our SMS relationship. He's not available in person, so he's not available.
A few days after that I was relaxing in the hot tub at my gym (I joined a gym for the year round heated outdoor pool and hot tub), when I spied a SUPER hot guy working out. At first I judged a little, he was wearing a V-neck T-shirt, but when he got into the hot tub sans V-neck all was forgiven. We made eye contact, he smiled, and I knew instantly he was perfect for me. I spent the next couple of days telling all my friends about how hot V-neck and how I was going to see him again. And I did see him again, on the internet, in an article about Canada's first Bachelor, the TV show. Yes, another very unavailable man I was attracted to.
One sunny Sunday shortly after I was enjoying reading "If He's Not the One, Who Is?!" poolside, getting good use of my gym membership, minding my own business when a cute, young boy approached me. He asked me to join his friend and him for a drink. As I turned to look at him I removed my ridiculously over sized sunglasses. I knew this kid! Of course I did!! Not only am I attracted to unavailable men, I attract inappropriate ones. While I did accept the invitation and have a great time enjoying beverages in the sun with him and his cute, also very young, friend, I knew the universe was trying to tell me something. Three such events so close together just drove it home: I'm done with dating...again.
Well, until next weekend, I did just agree to a blind date next...

No comments:

Post a Comment