Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lost and Found

Last night I was somewhere where I found three items that I had left behind; a tea towel, a hanger and a pillow case. Three very replaceable items. Why didn't I just replace them? Because I didn't even know I had lost them. This got me thinking about what else had I lost with out knowing. No, I didn't run to my sock drawer and make sure they are all paired. (I know they are. I have sock OCD) I was up all night thinking about what I've found in myself during the last few months. I've made a little list.

Knowing what the f*ck I want. Not always for dinner, but out of life.

Confidence. I used to go everywhere by myself, but I haven't felt like I could walk into a room alone in a long time. High five to me. I can now go out again alone, including leaving my comfort zone of "LA".

Independence. This one is kind of bizarre, but I found out I still hate to take my garbage out. But, I can. And that's something.

Reliability. People can now depend on me again to be there, because I'm not in Boy Friend Land. That Land takes a lot of my friends.

Setting Goals. I rediscovered that feeling of meeting goals I set. I love that! When did I lose that? Why did I lose that??

Fun. Did I lose fun or am I just having more fun now? I'm not sure, and I don't care. I'm fun.

I really enjoy the things I found, and I'm looking forward to finding more. Never regret anything that made you smile...so if you do lose something, no matter how or why, just appreciate finding it.

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT way to bring yourself back. yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were a blogger Nicole. It Jesse. I just got the itch this year, but have been going full steam on my blogs. Check me out at http://banginsbelievers.blogspot.com.

    I followed you also. :)

    ReplyDelete