Friday, August 6, 2010

March and April

I know I claimed I was going to delete my online dating profile, but I didn't. Now it's March. I meet a guy online who seems great. He's good looking in the small pictures, seems smart, has a great job, and has a dog. So far so good, but aren't they all at first? We make plans to meet at the lake with our dogs. He actually is cute in real life too! We end up staying at the lake for a while. My dog is a bit of a menace and both of us were covered in sandy mud. I don't mind getting dirty but at one point his dog totally slimed my hand and I held it out to show him what his puppy did. He grabbed my hand and wiped it off. Instantly I got a chill up my spine. I really like this guy. At dark I decide to go, I'm starving, so is the dog. We text each other pretty much immediately after leaving, flirty stuff. He tells me he didn't think I was into him, and I thought the same. I guess I get nervous when I actually like someone, weird.

We had made plans to see each other again on the weekend. We decide to go to his favourite bar, the same bar I had been at a few weeks before when I had my Superbowl Sunday Funday, oh well. I end up getting pretty drunk, his fault, he kept ordering them, and I kept drinking them. After we had gone to a dance club and danced a little and I had a couple more beers we head back to his place. I spend the night, nothing happens, but I had a really good time with him and like him more than I thought I would.

The next week I head to Las Vegas, as I often do. I like to celebrate my birthday with friends and what better place than Vegas? We text the whole entire time I'm there. I buy a toy for his dog and can't wait to get home to see him again.

When I get home I have my in town birthday dinner at the Keg, my fave place to eat. A few of my friends showed up and he accepted my invite to come as well. He sweetly suggested I pack a bag so I could drink with dinner and not drive home as he lived a block from the restaurant. Dinner was great and we headed back to his place after and finished the bottle of wine. I spent the night but still nothing happened...it's only been 3 weeks, and I really like him!

So, we text constantly over the next few weeks. He even stops by my truck and leaves a flower on it while I'm working. So sweet!! We don't have the girl friend/boy friend status but it's fine, I like him, we have fun. It's pretty exciting meeting a guy I like and have fun with. I'm just going to relax and see what happens with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment