Monday, October 11, 2010

The Toronto Trip

It was a fantastic trip to Toronto. I ate great food, had a fantastic time visiting my brother and good friends, and we raised some serious cash for SickKids Hospital at the Rally for Kids!


I miss the life I had when I lived there. Sleeping in, working a few hours a week, eating! There really is amazing food there. I went to the new spot in the Bell Light Box called Canteen by O&B (Oliver Bocconcini). It was late, and I still got a fantastic prosciutto sandwich with a glass of red wine. I also went to Mark McEwen's Bymark and sat on the patio. Patio season lasts longer in Toronto, and Lobster Poutine with a steak you can cut with a fork is AMAZING on a patio. They had the propane heaters turned up just right and we drank a bottle of wine with our original and perfect meals.


There is more to Toronto than just food for me! I also managed to get to two baseball games. The Jays won both! The open dome game was awesome, we had caesers and a view of the CN Tower. I love how I can walk everywhere there is always something going on. I took a long walk my last day there, even with a swollen and bruised foot (Thanks to Jack Daniels, that jerk!!). Here are a few pics of my fave places there.





No comments:

Post a Comment