Monday, October 25, 2010

The Not-So-Terrible Date

I'm REALLY sick of the typical date ideas guys have here. Coffee is not fun, it's sitting still, drinking overpriced swill. Dinner is nice, but most guys I can't stand sitting with for that long. I've decided to take charge of date activities from now on. I decided I wanted to golf, but we live in a rain forest, and it rains here, shocking. A little rain won't stop me from hitting some balls at the driving range though! Right by my work there's a hidden gem of a range. Highland Pacific has two levels at their range, the upper level is great for enjoying sun in the summer, or dry days, and the lower level stalls are heated and covered  for rainy days.
I met Dodge Guy on the lower level today. He's actually cute, and the perfect height. Weird. I'm usually really disappointed as people only put their best pictures online, but I think he put his worst ones on there! He's got great eyes and a nice smile. We hit a bucket of balls, (after 5:30 you get 60 for the price of 45!) he was really easy to talk to and I wasn't annoyed like I usually get after 15 minutes with guys. I'm not a great golfer, but I like it, and I try. I always get worse as the bucket goes on, I really need to take some lessons. I start hitting into the pond. Thankfully the bucket is empty.
Dodge Guy asks if I'm hungry, and suggests we go upstairs to the cafe. I order the Fire Roasted Tomato and Basil soup ($5) and a Ceaser. He ordered the Highland Beef Dip ($11) with ceaser salad and an iced tea. Our food came quickly and looked great, his sandwich was huge! My soup was creamy and served with some multi grain toast, perfect for picking up the pieces of tomato. We ate and talked about our dogs and watched golf highlights on TV. He has a great job, and knows what he wants. I had fun, and want to see him again. He's got my number, lets see if he uses it...

Overall, a great way to forget about a work day. Highland Pacific is a great place to take a date, play a round and they have an event space for parties and meetings.  Book a tee time here and make sure you check out their great range rates and cafe menu next time you have a free hour or two! I hope Dodge Guy calls me...or I'll be taking out my frustrations on buckets (and buckets) of balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment