Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween, 5 Minutes Late

Three days later, no word from Dodge Guy. Oh well, moving on.

Thursday before I taught my class I met another online profile face to face. We met in the parking lot of the studio on the grounds of Royal Roads. We had planned on taking our dogs for a walk. He arrived five minutes late, in a Chevrolet, with a green tea for me. Our dogs are only a few months apart and about the same size, they were having a pretty good time running around, doing dog type things. 5 Minutes Late didn't seem very interested in me. He spent most of the time talking about our dogs, and so did I. We walked around the grounds for an hour and a half. The campus is beautiful in the fall, a view of the ocean, mountains and an famous castle that's been in tones of movies and TV shows. (Including Smallville, one of my favourites!!) We walked back to the parking lot and he asked if I wanted to get together again. I was a little surprised because he didn't seen too into me. After my class I had a BBM from him asking what I was doing the next night. Of course, nothing, so I gladly made plans to go out for a drink. Not going to lie, I'm a little excited. He's really cute, and did I mention he drives a Chevrolet??

He picked me up, you guessed it, 5 Minutes Late. I'm usually early or on time, so this could drive me crazy. We decide to go for dinner and drinks and head to The Four Mile Pub. I ordered some cheap champagne and a Certified Angus Beef dip ($11)and he ordered spiced rum and ginger and the Fajita Roll up with salmon chowder ($14). Our food came quickly and we both agreed it was delicious. He was really easy to talk to, never an awkward silence, and he made me laugh. He told me I was hard to read. I guess I am a fairly guarded, but I didn't realise I was hard to read. I was definitely having a good time and was really interested in him. The service was great, drinks kept full, dishes removed, friendly server. She even let us know that after they serve three drinks they ask if you are driving. She did it with tact and professionalism, it's a great policy. 5 Minutes Late suggested that we carve pumpkins. Awesome idea!! We finish up and head to the Super Store to pick some up. We went to my house and never ended up carving the pumpkins, but we did drink the rest of my Grey Goose. Time for a trip to duty free!

Saturday morning he BBM'd me and said he would come get me at eleven to go for breakfast. I love going out for breakfast so I was ready on time. He was again late, but I like him, so of course I can't be mad. Plus he brought me season one of The Big Bang Theory to watch. I am easily bribed. We went to Milestones for Benny's and Mimosa's. Can't really go wrong there. Service and food were both fantastic. I rarely say this about restaurants in Victoria, so great work Milestones in Millstream Village. He invited me to his Halloween party he and his sister were throwing that night. I'm not too into parties where I don't know anyone, but I do want to see him so I accept the invite. He messaged me a while after dropping me off at home and asked for my phone number so he could call me instead. A guy who wants to call and talk? Must be a full moon.

His Halloween party ended up being pretty mellow, thank goodness. He spent the right amount of time with me considering I knew no one, but wasn't smothering me. He's pretty great, and I'm wondering how long he can keep it up. We went for breakfast again Sunday morning. I could go on for ever about how tragic the service was at the un-named Langford tap house we ended up at, but this isn't about how slow and un professional the server was, nor is it about how the food took 45 minutes and we were one of two tables, this is about my three day date. He sat at the table after we were done so I could watch my favorite team win for the second time this year, GO NINERS!, then we left. He kissed me good bye in the parking lot and it was just like the last page of a fairy tale. A perfect kiss after three days of greatness, and for once his timing was right, not 5 Minutes Late. Will he call me again? I hope so. We I ever go to that terrible place in the Four Points Sheraton again? Absolutely not.

1 comment: