Friday, November 19, 2010

The Bed Maker (TBM)

As my dead line of deleting my online dating profile creeps closer, I exchange messages with another boy. He sent me many messages, all of them more than one sentence. They had solid content, He actually seemed to be trying to get to know me. Eventually we started texting each other. He was away in Arizona and we texted while he was there. We made plans to meet up when he got back . He suggested going indoor rock climbing for our first date. When I mentioned I have climbed before he rescinded, he didn't want to look bad. It was cute. Eventually I propose going bowling in Duncan. He agreed it was a fantastic idea. We sorted out the details and I was looking forward to it. I love road trips, even if they are just to Duncan!

Date day arrives and he messages me all freaked out. It's his first time meeting someone on line and he is worried I'm really an ogre or something. I laughed and sent him a couple pictures from my work email. Now he knows my last name and where I work. I hope he isn't a physco! Apparently he was OK with the pictures I sent and he picks me up right on time and opens the door to his truck for me. (A GMC Sierra, with heated seats!! Awesome!!) During the drive up he was really easy to talk to, he made me laugh, and there were no awkward silences. He asked lots of questions and had no problem answering any of mine. We bowled three games and he let me win the last one. He asked if I wanted to play pool, and I said yes. We ended up at the Log House. They don't have a pool table, but they had drinks. He drove me home and I invited him in for one more drink. I poured it extra strong so he wouldn't be able to drive home. Man I'm sneaky. He opened the car door for me all night, was really polite, listened, told the truth about everything (Even about being married before). I had a great night and just didn't want it to end.

In the morning he was really sweet, still. He made my bed... I always make my bed in the morning, but today he helped me. It was nice having someone help me with something! He also fed Mac and took him outside and played with him while I got ready. All with out me asking. Nice guys do exist!! TBM asked me when he was going to see me again. I told him that was up to him. So he asked me if I wanted to have breakfast Saturday. TBM made plans with me. He wants to see me. I know this was one date, but it was one really good date! As I've wrote this he has messaged me twice and phoned me when he said he would. Wow.

The one thing I hate the most about being single is having to take out my own garbage. I know TBM would take out the garbage for me. Is he too good to be true? Or have I found Mr. Right Now?

No comments:

Post a Comment