Friday, November 12, 2010

Do You Want To Smell My Candles?

I go to bed early, mostly because I have nothing else to do. Also because I get up really early for work. When my phone beeped at 8:30 I was already in bed, but I read it anyway. It was from The Friend. I almost want to rename him now, since The Non Boy Friend is so out of my life The Friend doesn't make sense. I guess he can stay The Friend until he deserves another name.

The Friend was a little drunk, and his messages were cute, flirty and funny. He wanted to go to Wendy's but couldn't drive, so he asked me if I wanted to make bad choices. I asked how a bacon burger could ever be a bad choice, and he explained that he was the bad choice. I laughed and said yes, I'll be right there! I got out of bed and headed to go pick him up, no make up, sweat pants and a hoodie. He got in the car and we headed to Wendy's. He wanted to eat in the restaurant so we went in. I always am very relaxed around him. I never feel stupid or judged. I have fun, and laugh, and he laughs too. We ate and got back in the car. Since we were just a minute from the lagoon I wanted to go down to the water. It was a clear night, and the ocean under the stars is absolutely fantastic.

We pulled into a spot on the lagoon and hung out for a bit. He is so easy to talk to and be around. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I had made a decision not to spend the night with him, ever again, but he wasn't making it easy. Thankfully someone parked right beside us so we left. As I pulled into his condo parking lot I stopped by his door, far away front he parking lot. He asked if I wanted to come in and smell his candles and cuddle. How could I not say yes to that? We went upstairs and laid on his bed. His candles did smell pretty good. I fell asleep in his arms for an hour or so and woke up when he kissed my on the forehead. I told him I was going home, he got up to walk me to the door and kiss me good bye. He said he'd talk to me soon, and I believe him. Of all the guys I know I trust him the most. He isn't fake, he does the things he says he will. He may not want to be my boy friend, but he doesn't pretend to want to be either.

So to answer one of my past questions: Am I only attracted to unavailable men? Yes. But I never regret anything that made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment